Wednesday 18 November 2009

New York - Inspiration

Over the 4 days I spent in New York I gathered quite a large range of urban art/imagery.

I used this collection to help partially design the urban door.




The biggest thing I was looking at was ‘tags’, where as the vandals/artists (depending on your opinion) would sign objects, vehicles, walls. These come in a vast array of sizes, colours and styles, much like that a normal person’s signature.





These appeared almost everywhere in some of the more disadvantaged communities I travelled to whilst visiting the city, and I have to admit I like them.









Along my travels I saw a bike locked to a lamppost on the side of the pavement. The way it incoporated both the organic and urban side as one was brilliant.







No comments:

Post a Comment