Thursday 23 September 2010

Studio Report 2 - Yolo

http://www.yolo.info/






I got in contact with yolo last year trying to organize a portfolio visit, unfortunately they were very busy as most design companies are and I had to find a suitable alternative. Although I hadnt recieved any feedback off them them they did reply to my emails which gave me hope that I might be able to worm a visit in the future.

Based in Manchester and established in 2007 Yolo work with a varying range of clients across a wide range of sectors creating effective, bold, fun and professional creative work.

From what I have seen it is run by a man called Martin Fewel, or atleast hes who runs there PR department because he's the call guy for inquiries and who updates there twitter frequently.

Below is a showreel showing examples of there work.





I saw this on there site and was interested about there branding, they have worked with a massive range of companies to produce a very impressive catalog of logos, designs, flyers, advertisements etc.

Below is there 'Sankeys' examples.



















Below here i came across there brand identity for 'The Hive' which is basically an office letting company on lever street in Manchester.











I really like the shape and texture used in this logo.


Below is a their for Ministry Of Sound Underground 2009 TV commercial, I really like the use of compositing adding vibrant coloured vectors and shapes to live action footage.

No comments:

Post a Comment